Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instance jittering issue, but raw sim does not

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sktray
87 Views, 2 Replies

Instance jittering issue, but raw sim does not

I am having an issue where my instanced geo on a cached sim are jittering location and I cannot figure out why. Its a fluid sim, cached (lossless), and then I am instancing simple geo (froze transform, centerpivot) , and in some areas it really jitters location compared to the cached raw sim vs imported back in to instance on. Update, it seems to come after the "normal and tangent to orientation" node, but I am unsure how to resolve the jittering while keeping the rotation data happening. See playblast comparison here, along with graph showing the setup.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lyse8qf15Aw 

node graph screen cap

graph.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Do you get jittering if you visualize the points directly with point_scope? I.e. without randomized orientation, scale and any instancing?

Message 3 of 3

I was able to find somewhat of a solution that rid of the jitter, the rotation is not 100% accurate but is convincing enough. 

I replaced the previous rotation with "rotation vector to quaternion". I am a bifrost newb, so unsure why it fixes it, but its better lol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums