Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change the effect of emitting particles from particles separately

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kyororin8732
206 Views, 4 Replies

I want to change the effect of emitting particles from particles separately

I want to emit particles from particles in different sizes, but set the size of the first source_particle to 1. I want the particles emitted from it to be 0.1, but all particles of size 1 will be affected. How can we have different effects on particles?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: kyororin8732

Filter particle node is your friend there. Then you want to filter the particles by a property/attribute which in this case is point_size. 

Message 3 of 5
kyororin8732
in reply to: sepu6

thank you! I first learned about the filter particle node. Another question I would like to ask here is whether the filter particle node is connected to the outside of the first simulated particle and then to the next particle node. I tried it, but it doesn't work. If you can teach me, it will be a great help! I'm still studying English, so I'm sorry if I can't say it well.

Message 4 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: kyororin8732

Here you go a quick example. 

Here I'm filtering particles that are bigger than .2 in size then I'm emitting from those pts and create a strand + color change. 

maya_WQcUAYefxU.png

Message 5 of 5
kyororin8732
in reply to: sepu6

Thank you for politely teaching me! The example was easy to understand and I learned a lot! It was very helpful! I want to send a lot of thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report