Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transmit the color per particle property after the simulate particle node ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
moiamy
580 Views, 4 Replies

How to transmit the color per particle property after the simulate particle node ?

1. I have imported particles inside Bifrost (convert_objects_arrays_to_points). I have got color property in the out port?.

2 These go through the simulate particles, but I lost track of this color property. Now the result as an output are grey particles.

How can I transmit forward this color information ?

Thanks

Fransua

bifrost01.jpgbifrost02.jpgbifrost03.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: moiamy

Hi!

1. I recommend to work in the main graph and not in the second graph created for particle import.

2. Insert a source_particles node before the simulate_particles node.

3. Add "color" as additional property to the source_particles node (additional properties).

Message 3 of 5
moiamy

Thanks Mspeer. It works great.

I also tried to replace simulate_particles with simulate_mpm, buit in this case nothing comes to screen, even if i plug source_mpm_sand instead of source_particles

bifrost mpm.jpg

bifrost mpm 2.jpg

bifrost mpm 3.jpg

Message 4 of 5
mspeer

Hi!

For mpm the setup is the same, however as source you need a source_mpm node with the additional property "color" added and the simulate_mpm node needs to be connected to an output.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Hi, 

So I too am working on relearning this technique using the Bifrost graph, but alas I am stuck. I've attached my Bifrost Graph Editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am still learning the Bifrost system but I do have a bit of experience in node-based programming. 

-Joel

macOS 10.14.6 / Maya 2020.4 / 2013 Mac Pro / 64G Ram / 2.7GHz  12-Core 

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.52.44 PM.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report