Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer alembic point color to instance color?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
full01VQ96F
363 Views, 10 Replies

How to transfer alembic point color to instance color?

I export alembic point cache from 3ds max tyflow with color channel,

and when I imported in bifrost, I can read the color channel, but I am not able to transfer the color to instance's color

is there any method?

thx

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Does this vid help with what you are trying?

https://youtu.be/zR6ZnNr7efU?si=CSBE9DztWIbxhgYy

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 11
sepu6
in reply to: full01VQ96F

You need to assign a material to it to render, if you are rendering with Arnold you do not need to bake the instances by the way.  If you want to preview it you can use point scope for it. 

The way that you apply the color to your material inside the graph is like this.

maya_UEiFSQ4C1P.png

maya_ZehlWkRbAL.png

With the set_geo_property_reference, the geo property is your attribute/property in this case "color" and the material property is where you want this attribute to be applied to, in this example, I hook it up to the "base_color"

If you use the hypershade you will be using your typical aiUserData nodes to call the attribute and then drag and drop the network into BF and connect it. 

HTH

Message 4 of 11
full01VQ96F

is this the same process if i using redshift to render?

Message 5 of 11
full01VQ96F
in reply to: sepu6

is this the same process if i use redshift to render?

Message 6 of 11
sepu6

No for redshift you need to bake out the geo and then for better interactivity make a rs proxy

Message 7 of 11
full01VQ96F

I was able to get the color now and render in arnold, but when I switch to redshift, and change to redshift material, I cant get the color again, 
is there any steps that I missed?
4.PNG5.PNG

Message 8 of 11
sepu6

You can not render the geo inside BF with Redshift at the moment. So you have to bake the geo and convert to Maya geo as you have it then just apply a Material as you normally would.

So the assign Material, etc won't work with RS for the moment.

Then transfer the attribute color to Maya so RS can read it using one of the user data nodes. make sure it gets transfer in the bifrostGeoToMaya.

maya_F7mUj6fWsY.png

maya_usUtN2S9ZH.png

Message 9 of 11
full01VQ96F
in reply to: sepu6

I am sorry, I still couldn't make it to work, could you mind take a look at my file?

really appreciated it, thanks

Message 10 of 11
sepu6

Here you go - I left notes on the graph, take a look. 

maya_C6K5M8BW3m.gif

Message 11 of 11
full01VQ96F

thx, it works
you saved me !!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report