Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to emit smoke from selected points using Bisfrost?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bait_jbreen
429 Views, 4 Replies

How to emit smoke from selected points using Bisfrost?

Hi ..

Is it possible to emit smoke from some points of my selection in say a sphere shape?

if it’s possible, how it can be done?

thanks

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Aslan.Jafari
in reply to: bait_jbreen

Unfortunately we can't detect a component selection of the DG element in Bifrost, unless the said component  triggers a geometry or property change.

You may simply paint a CPV map on the sphere and extract the painted points via Bifrost.

CPV_Map_3.png

Extracted points then can be passed to an Aero simulation system to generate the smoke.

I've attached a scene file for this workflow, along with extracting faces from the painted CPV map that could be useful in other cases.

Extract_faces_workflow.gifExtract_points_workflow.gif

Aslan Jafari
Sr QA Analyst
Message 3 of 5
bait_jbreen

Hi . it gave me the showing the below error when i use the same procedure

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 3.08.33 PM.png

Message 4 of 5
syracoj

right-click on the get_geo_"colorSet1" nodes type port and set the type to array<float3> (maybe array<float4> type) and see if that helps. This can also be done in the parameter editor for that selected node as well. 

Message 5 of 5
bait_jbreen

Yes .. It Worked..Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report