Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i load .bif volume cache into bifrost graph?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lunahalo
586 Views, 2 Replies

How do i load .bif volume cache into bifrost graph?

i created a bifrost aero simulation w/o bifrost graph and and want to output the simulation to vdb.  i thought i could cache to bif then load the bif cache in graph but i dont seem to be able to read my cache in graph.  i will load when i just load the cache into a fresh bifrost aero sim but not via bifrost graph.  

Bifrost graph also seems to be the only way for me to convert my simulation to VDB.  anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
stxf
in reply to: lunahalo

I believe that you can use the "read_bif_particles" node in Bifrost Graph Editor. Then use the "file_cache" node to write out the vdb seq.

Message 3 of 3
stxf
in reply to: stxf

Oh and add a time node (frame output) -> to_int node -> read_bif_particles (frame)

2020-01-07 15_41_31-Bifrost Graph Editor.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report