Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting better bifrost fluid renders

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Dark__Night
281 Views, 2 Replies

Getting better bifrost fluid renders

Hi, I'm trying to render a bucket of water being tipped on someone's head and the bifrost sim looks pretty bad. I need fine details and water droplets etc but it's just not cutting it. Firstly, the animated fluid is wobbly. Secondly, it looks clumpy and has no fine details.  When I use pheonix FD with the 'waterfall' preset i get splashes, foam and mist at the press of one button. The detail is good- no adjustment needed. How do I achieve this setting in Bifrost? The presets in the content browser are a joke. I don't feel i should have to pay for an entirely different software to get decent results when maya is supposed to do this job. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
syracoj
in reply to: Dark__Night

can you zip then upload your scene file please?

Message 3 of 3
calibrix
in reply to: Dark__Night

Bifrost liquids are very sensitive to scene scale. You'll want to make sure that your objects are sized correctly. For example, grid units are considered meters. The next thing you need to look for is substeps. Small scale simulations require more substeps than larger scales due to the amount of voxels your liquid particles travel through. Don't be surprised to use 8-12 substeps. You may also need to increase the minimum substeps in order to properly resolve collision movement. Also try lowering the erosion factor in the liquid properties. I've found the the default erosion produces liquid that ends up "stringy".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report