Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get UV locations per vertex

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
mau.memoliN49DL
253 Views, 0 Replies

Get UV locations per vertex

I am trying to replicate in bifrost what the Maya transfer attribute by UV is doing.
I am recreating the the UV of the source and the target as two meshes following the example in this post:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/converting-uv-to-position/m-p/9917110#M3857

The problem I have is that if use the Locations of UV mesh on the target to sample the barycentric coordinates when I set the points back on the Target mesh the IDs, are obviously not matching anymore.
Since I just need the locations of the corresponding vertices for the target mesh I was wondering if there is a way to query the UV coordinates per vertex. I am aware there can more than one because of the seams, but I am fine picking just the first one in the array. I believe this is the same behavior of the Transfer attribute anyway.

Another thing I had in mind was to detach all the faces from the geometry, sampling the IDs of the merged target by location to have a correspondence, doing all the UV meshing and sampling on the detached mesh and transferring the positions to the merged target averaging the points position of the UVs on the seams.

I started playing with bifrost recently so I do not even know if this is possible but it would be great if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report