Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for_each affecting port feedback evaluation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mcw0
104 Views, 3 Replies

for_each affecting port feedback evaluation

If I don't output the for_each results, I get the correct port feeback value.  I'm adding a value of 6 each frame.  At the second frame, output = 12.  Next frame, output will be 18.  But when I also output the for_each results, my original output is now incrementing by 120.  You can see my output = 126.  My original increment of 6 plus 120.  The next frame will be 246.  What's going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: mcw0

Changing the max iterations changes the output.  My original case had 21 iterations.  So I thought the 120 increment came from 20 x 6.  I changed my max iterations to 31 thinking my increment would be 180 (30x6).  NOPE!  The increment became 80.  And my starting value of 6 changed to 4!

Message 3 of 4
mcw0

My starting value of 6 changing to 4 is correct.  Forgot my network arriving at the value includes the max iterations value.  So then the increment value is consistent.  Meaning my first case, 120 = 6 x 20.  My second case, 80 = 4 x 20.  Why this is the case is very strange.  But now that there's a pattern, maybe there's a workaround.

Message 4 of 4
morten.bojsen-hansen

Are you able to share (part of) the graph? That would make it a lot easier to debug.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums