Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Array over time ?Get from array ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alfosici
492 Views, 4 Replies

Fill Array over time ?Get from array ?

Is this possible?

Im trying to wrap my head around how loops/array and bifrost works.

Essentially im trying to create a simple "attribute delay" (like Maya native frame cache node ), in my case i input a transform matrix into the graph.

eg:

input a transform matrix >> at each frame build an array with index corresponding to the scene frame

Output >> current-frame "minus" a Value >>> should give you the offset index which corresponds to the value at that frame?

eg.

input position at frame 10, output position at frame 8, as you scrub the timeline, the second object follow the first with a 2 frames delay.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I assume you have seen this vid and it does not give you the answer.?

https://youtu.be/sTBAKI6Kx6Y

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 5

Unfortunately not quite (unless im using it wrong..) , whenever i connect a loop eg Iterate, the array gets filled straight away as you evaluate/scrubbing a frame ,which is great for certain purposes, since is also super fast etc, although i need to selectively fill the array with data i want  to pass  "manually" as i scrub frame, and i need this data to stay in memory/cached ,until a certain condition is met, so that i can call and manipulate the index data when i need .

Message 4 of 5

Take a look at Jonan Friedman's "memory_cache" compound in the Rebel Pack (or maybe it's core Bifrost now, I forget).

Essentially, that compound manages a dynamic array, where each element of the array corresponds to a frame in Maya's timeline, and it caches whatever object you feed it at the right place in the "array timeline".  

It sounds a lot like what you're trying to do, only with transforms instead of objects.

The way he does that is by using feedback ports to keep the array state, and then he dynamically resizes it once out-of-bounds frames are asked for.  It's all there to look at.

/marcus

Message 5 of 5
andrea_pinto82
in reply to: alfosici

I dont know if it is right.
Try it 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report