Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting a range of indices from array containing 300 elements

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Polytikal1
169 Views, 1 Reply

Extracting a range of indices from array containing 300 elements

I am attempting to texture elements of an alembic. I wanted to import it via graph editor in order to more easily adjust speed and start time with time_warp node, but I'm faced with a texturing challenge. I need to separate groups of elements associated with various textures, but it's very time consuming to do it individually. I've searched online and tried to apply some suggestions like using "within bounds" and all true from array to set a range of indices that I could then group in build array, but I'm missing a step in my understanding. I keep running into promotion errors. Can anyone provide an example of how you might setup a graph to separate ranges of indicates from an array with hundreds of elements in order to more easily texture each group, rather than individual elements? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Roland.Reyer
in reply to: Polytikal1

Hi @Polytikal1 ,

to get some elements from an array you can use "get_from_array".
To keep all other elements there is a "remove_from_array" node..

RolandReyer_0-1681368320080.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report