Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting alembic with uvs?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jbyrnevfx
1171 Views, 2 Replies

exporting alembic with uvs?

Hello,

I was able to do a simple cloth sim using bifrost and finally figured out how to export out the alembic geo using "bifrostgeotoMaya" but the UV's from the original mesh are not writing out with the alembic. Is there a way to get the alembic to keep the original uvs? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
stamatk
in reply to: jbyrnevfx

Hello @jbyrnevfx 

I would recommend you use the bifrost write_Alembic node in the graph. It will handle the UV's automatically. 

You just have to be sure about a few things:

- Get a time node and connect the frame output to the frame input of the write_Alembic

- On the write_Alembic, make sure to set the Start/End frame to match exactly the ones in Maya

- Finally make sure 'Write Single File' is on

Once the file is written and read back into Maya, you can texture it and the UV's will be correct.  

I have attached a video demonstrating the entire workflow. (note I initially connected the wrong output from the simulate mpm, it's supposed to be cloth mesh not granular particles - in case you noticed 🙂

Thanks!
Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Message 3 of 3
jbyrnevfx
in reply to: jbyrnevfx

This is perfect! Thank you very much. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums