Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export bifrost mesh color set to alembic

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lionxhorse
510 Views, 5 Replies

export bifrost mesh color set to alembic

hello

I`m new one in bifrost.I`m using maya 2022.3 with redshift.

I made some splash and cache for liquid.Next I tried to export bifrosLiquidMesh(It has own color set) to alembic for motion blur but the alembic I exported has no colorSet (I checked Write color set alembic option) so can`t make motion blur.

What did I miss?

bifMesh simbifMesh simexported alembicexported alembic

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
syracoj
in reply to: lionxhorse

remove the typed input on Current Color Set

and change the syntax of bifrost_velocity to bifrostVelocity and/or bifrostVorticity in the Attribute Editor (not the colorSet editor) and see if this helps.

Message 3 of 6
syracoj

I tried with the same AE inputs (bifrost_velocity) on my side and it worked. So perhaps you could zip up and send me your scene file for further inspection. Also, which version of Bifrost plugin are you using?

Message 4 of 6
lionxhorse

Thank your for your reply.

I`m using bifrost ver. 2.3.1.0 maya 2022.2

I tried to make all new scene and keep bifrostVorticity in the bifrost mesh attribute section as you said and baked bifrost cache and exported alembic but the result is the same in my machine.(no velocity in the alembic and motion blur in rendering).I attache my test scene.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
syracoj

k, thanks for the scene file. I think there is a bug where if the mesh isn't visible on the first frame (even if start frame is set to 101 in your scene's case) that the color set will not be successfully written out. When I scrub through your scene that has been re-cached on my side I can see that the first frame that I see the bifrostLiquidMesh is at frame 127. Try adjust the start range of time and ABC cache from this frame out. I was then able to get a successful colorSet on the exported ABC file. Let me know if it works on your end.

Message 6 of 6
lionxhorse

I set the start frame in alembic option which bifrost mesh comes out.It works!!!

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums