Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading Bifrost from a UNC share on Windows

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sno485CL
407 Views, 2 Replies

Error loading Bifrost from a UNC share on Windows

Hi there.

I am having some difficulties running Bifrost from a UNC share on Windows.

I have copied the files to a network share, and set up MAYA_MODULE_PATH to point to that same location:

MAYA_MODULE_PATH=\\animfiles\Common\ProductionData\Plugins\Maya\Maya2019\Bifrost\2.0.2.0

We can load the plugins in Maya, but it's throwing the following errors on load:

// Loading Bifrost version 2.0.2.0
// Warning: Bifrost: Failed to read library config file //animfiles/Common/ProductionData/Plugins/Maya/Maya2019/Bifrost/2.0.2.0/bifrost/resources/plugin_config.json. //
// Error: Error: Failed to locate Json doc 'bifrost:\\animfiles\Common\ProductionData\Plugins\Maya\Maya2019\Bifrost\2.0.2.0\bifrost\resources\plugin_config.json'. //

I have verified that "plugin_config.json" does indeed exist on the path quoted in the error message.

I have also tried setting the MAYA_MODULE_PATH using forward slashes only with the same result. Loading from a local path (C:\...) works fine.

This seems to be related to Windows unc paths. Is there a workaround for this?

Maya version 2019 on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Svend

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan.harvey
in reply to: sno485CL

Hi there,

This is fixed internally and will be in the next release. The issue ID is BIFROST-3311.

Hope it helps,

Ryan

Bifrost QA at Autodesk
Message 3 of 3
sno485CL
in reply to: ryan.harvey

Hi Ryan.

Sound great. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report