Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emitter won't connect to object

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
kevincottrell
555 Views, 1 Reply

Emitter won't connect to object

I am relatively new to Maya and am trying to learn Bifrost liquids. Whenever I go to make a Bifrost liquid, it does not want to create the emitter on the object that I want it to. Instead it creates a 1 particle emitter at the origin. I am trying to make a sphere my emitter. I read that it may be because it has to snap to a volume, so I extruded my sphere, but it still did not work. I have also tried other shaped objects and it didnt seem to work. I have tried on multiple scenes and it seems to be an issue in all of them. I did get it to work one time, but I don't know what I might've done differently. Does anyone know what might be the issue? Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: kevincottrell

Hi!

Only the icon will be placed at the center of the scene.

If you select an object and then use in FX menu:

Bifrost Fluids -> Liquids

the selected object becomes an emitter.

(Make sure the object is large enough. I also recommend to test this with default units).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report