Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficiency question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mcw0
295 Views, 2 Replies

Efficiency question

If I have a static mesh and a lot of positions that won't change.  And I want to get the barycentric locations to pass onto a moving mesh.  Is it more efficient to have a separate graph to output the locations of the static data?  Or is it the same if I have those operations in the same graph that is dealing with the moving animated mesh?  By having everything in one graph, does that mean my static data is recalculated every frame?  I'm trying to avoid having to calculate the barycentric locations every frame.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: mcw0

Hi,

As of the current version (Bifrost 2.2.1.1), use a second graph so that those computations are not performed every frame.

We hope to make improvements in this area.

Cheers,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 3
mcw0
in reply to: Grahame_Fuller

Thank you very much for that info.  Excited to see what performance improvement this will give.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums