Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate and shift bifrost liquid simulations

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
EarthHobbit
645 Views, 2 Replies

Duplicate and shift bifrost liquid simulations

Hi,

I did a Bifrost simulation of liquid falling onto the floor, and cached it to disk.

Is there a way I can reuse that simulation concurrently at multiple places, and just shifted by few seconds ?

And ideally I will want to change scale and material of rendered simulation.

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you are willing to use Bifrost graph, you can easily accomplish this by loading in your cache using read_bif_particles node. Once in the Bifrost graph, you can make copies of your cache and translate the particles to your heart's content using get_point_position and set_point_position as well as the add node.

Message 3 of 3

Also, in case it is not obvious, to time shift simply create additional read_bif_particles nodes, and add a value to the frame value passed in from the time node. (note that the simulation frame is float, so one must also use a to_int node to convert the time frame value before setting the cache input frame). 

Duncan Brinsmead
Senior Principal Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report