Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DG vs Parallel Mode creating bitfrost cache and Arnold rendering

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
matthewGNQTJ
191 Views, 0 Replies

DG vs Parallel Mode creating bitfrost cache and Arnold rendering

I'm running bitfrost on Maya 2019.  When I Compute and Cache to Disk with DG bitfrost writes out the first frame and then skips to the last frame.  This problem goes away when I make the MVS big enough (0.125 NG, 0.17 OK).  When I switched to Parallel mode the cache gets created at MVS 0.125 (albeit very slowly but at least it doesn't skip to the last frame).  However, earlier today I was doing some Arnold test renders from a bitfrost cache and I needed to switch to DG because rendering in Parallel kept crashing.  Seems I need to keep switching between DG and Parallel depending on whether I'm rendering or caching. Anyone else have this experience?  Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Matt

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report