Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaunay triangulation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
joostkonemann
942 Views, 5 Replies

Delaunay triangulation

Has anybody tried to create a Delaunay triangulation from points within the graph? I guess some nodes which are needed to make it efficient are still missing.

When I have some left over time, I may be giving it a try... For small point counts it should still be doable.

--
MacBook Pro 13,3 - 2.7GHz - 16GB - Radeon Pro 460 - macOS Catalina 10.15
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Joost,

Sachin Shrestha has done work with voronoi points distributions using Bifrost - which is related to delaunay - you may wish to chat with him:

https://twitter.com/_sachinshrestha/status/1166786985282813952

Message 3 of 6

I'm getting somewhere... Still having some crashes, I guess I still have to handle some border cases...

--
Message 4 of 6

Wow that's really cool. Looking forward to seeing more. 🙂

Message 5 of 6

Fixed some issues. It's not fast, but it handles larger point counts properly without crashing now.

Some details. I scatter points on the original plane which consist of two triangles. Iteratively the points are added to the mesh and triangles are removed and added following the code found at: https://github.com/jmespadero/pyDelaunay2D/blob/master/delaunay2D.py

--
Message 6 of 6

Well done!  Impressive!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report