Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deform array(better translate array) on a specific axis

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
darioOrtisi
1224 Views, 12 Replies

deform array(better translate array) on a specific axis

Hi all. I will like to deform array, The basic are my sequence array in white and i will like to translate progressively on a specific axis in world space. With this I fake deformation.

Thanks to anyone can help me.

darioOrtisi_0-1630151540852.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
g2m.agent
in reply to: darioOrtisi

maybe use evaluate_fcurve node

maya_k7fdPc24QG.pngmaya_nKBO9DNKkY.png

Message 3 of 13
darioOrtisi

ohhh great. I supposed was that but i missed the connection between. 🙂

Thanks @g2m.agent 

Message 4 of 13
darioOrtisi

It doens't work. My sequence array have a math/float3 on the step value. If i use a default it work but with my none. So i've added a vector3_to_scalar for each value i get but it doens't work too the curve evaulate only a portion of the points.

Message 5 of 13
darioOrtisi

Ok it works. Simply transform to float 🙂 stupid me

Message 6 of 13
darioOrtisi

Not as I wish.

The first, it is complicated to distribute on basic branches maintaining the direction i want so I want that the distributed brances,(strands or arrays) are on two sside. And when i rotated there is a problem.

Message 7 of 13
darioOrtisi

Solve this But i have another question.

When I use the fcurve i can get the shape of my "array deformation/translation" but if the array go over a certain range it continue to take the shape from the fCurve and this is a problem. How to fix it in a certain range?

Thanks

darioOrtisi_0-1630869946721.png

Message 8 of 13
darioOrtisi

I miss to post other screeshot.

darioOrtisi_0-1630875552697.png

When the array size increases the shape change., So i mean there is something to lock the shape per length(i think)?

Message 9 of 13
g2m.agent

Maybe not the best way, but it works.

change_range to 0~1, fcurve, change_range back.

maya_iMOm0cA5x9.png

Message 10 of 13
g2m.agent

I think this should not be your final solution.
Because the points of fcurve are distributed on the X axis, they are not evenly distributed on the curve.

maya_5wFcVF6LBY.png

Message 11 of 13
darioOrtisi

@g2m.agentThanks.

After I create the strand i resample it so i have a better distribution i Thought.

Message 12 of 13
g2m.agent

construct_strands -> resample_strands -> get_point_position -> construct_points?

maya_e165vIy9XL.png

Message 13 of 13
darioOrtisi

Thanks @g2m.agent  it is.

Anyway this is the first time I've opened HoudiniFX and there is a tree and branches and leaf generator that I didn't know existed. Wow.

First tree. I must say that I'm starting to get discouraged a lot given my lack of technical knowledge. Because there is a lot to do and sometime all changes because an a wrong interpretation of mine. 🙂

So i don't know.

darioOrtisi_0-1630921149434.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums