Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug options

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ZachGray
695 Views, 6 Replies

Debug options

I'm really struggling to debug simple data in my graphs. I've been able to setup a dump object with file tailing. That data  is dense and doesn't relate visually to the scene. 

For example, I got the `point_scope` to print positions, but I need it to draw point id's. Is there a way to draw the `point_component.count`? Or is the idea to add an and fill a custom property called `point_id` and fill it programmatically with an iterator, and then pass that to `point_scope`?

I also can't seem get dump data from deep in a nested compound, or dump anything except an object. How can I just view the text contents of an array?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

You can always use dump_object together with a custom object with exactly the data you want to inspect. Just use set_property to set point_component.count and whichever other properties you want to inspect on a fresh object.

As for showing point_id with the point_scope, you can do that. Just set Numeric Property to "point_id" on the point_scope. It'll be a bit weird since the value will be shown in the viewport as a float3, but you just need to look at the first number. See my screenshot.

point_id.png

Message 3 of 7
mjcg91
in reply to: ZachGray

You can fill a point_id property using this trick. 

draw_point_id.jpg

As Morten said, the display will be weird, but the first numbers will show you the point indices.

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 4 of 7

Thank you. Is there any way to write to the console?

ZachGray_0-1593091769862.png

For future readers. Create a value node, expand the ... to set the simple type to object. Set the key to whatever you want.

Message 5 of 7

I don't believe we have a way to dump information to the console at the moment.

Message 6 of 7

Hi, I was just reading up on this post so sorry to hijac :). Really great info and works fine but I was just wondering if there is a way to increase the size of the font that is used for the numeric output?

Thanks

James

Message 7 of 7

Sorry, there isn't any way to change the text size yet.

Cheers,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report