Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curl noise question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mcw0
408 Views, 2 Replies

Curl noise question

I'm in 2.1.0.0 and there's no info on the curl noise node.  So what I'm seeing is this.  When my positions are around the origin, I get the behavior I'm looking for.  But when my position values are let's say 1500 units away from the origin, the curl noise values are much higher.  Not the same as back at the origin.  So I'm assuming the position input of the curl noise is magnitude sensitive?  If I want the same behavior as back at the origin, I should maybe normalize my position vectors?  Am I on the right track?  That's what I'm going to test now.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bugsdabunny
in reply to: mcw0

I don't really know much about the math of curl noise but I tested it out in a scene moved a sphere 1500 units away from origin in X-axis and I don't see any difference really

Message 3 of 3
mcw0
in reply to: bugsdabunny

Thank you for checking that for me.  I was just going to post that it wasn't the curl noise.  Me and my silly assumptions.  I have a black and white vertex color set controlling the amount of curl noise.  How simple could a b&w dataset be?  Well, that is the culprit and not the curl noise.  I'm not getting the right info from my get_geo_property node.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums