Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a tet (tetrahedra) mesh in bifrost?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dangermouse82
645 Views, 3 Replies

Creating a tet (tetrahedra) mesh in bifrost?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me trying to think of a way to create a tet mesh within bifrost, with attributes to control the radius and levels of depth? Something similar to the Tet embed or Tet conform within Houdini.

I have already created a compound to calculate the volume of any mesh using Tets so I'm wondering if I could use part of this compount.

I've also wondered if I could somehow volumise the mesh and use that to generate my tets or the marching cube compound.

The hardest bit would seem to be how to actually construct a the mesh within bifrost

It seems quite complex! Any help/ideas/direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

James

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It certainly won't be trivial to accomplish, but one place to start is to convert the mesh to a volume (as you also suggested) and create tets inside each voxel. Then the problem becomes what to do at voxels that intersect the mesh.

Message 3 of 4

Hey thanks @morten.bojsen-hansen I'll keep that in mind. After doing a bit of research as you say doesn't seem like a trivial thing to do but I'm going to give it a shot, I'm sure I'll learn something 🙂

Thanks

James

Message 4 of 4

A place to start would be to look at the Isosurface Stuffing[1] algorithm published at SIGGRAPH 2007. You could even have an adaptive tetmesh by utilizing our upcoming adaptive improvements to convert_to_volume. 🙂

[1] https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~jrs/papers/stuffing.pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report