Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Mesh to MPM Sand with a wipe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Seb_ABF
159 Views, 2 Replies

Converting Mesh to MPM Sand with a wipe

Hi all,

I'd like to do an effect where I turn some type (converted in to a mesh) in to powder, starting at the top of a line of text and going down until it all turns to powder with a wipe.
Complete noob here by the way when it comes to bifrost and MPM Sand.

I can manage to plug the mesh in to a Basic MPM Sand network, sure, that works nicely - all of the particles then fall as one and break up as they hit my ground plane.

Is there way where I can use something like a boolean object that wipes down over the mesh from the top, and the MPM sand is only generated where the 1st source object is occluded by the 2nd boolean object? So it'd look like the text is breaking up in to powder/particles from the top down.

I've tried using @michael.nielsen 's boolean script to create a boolean shape mesh, that I then plug in to the source_mpm_sand node, but it doesn't seem to generate particles.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/volume-modeling-with-bifrost/m-p/9067261/highlight/true...

Many thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sepu6
in reply to: Seb_ABF

Since BF doesnt have yet a boolean node you have to go through volumes. 

Here is a quick example. 

maya_QmOIVT2LMm.gif

Message 3 of 3
Seb_ABF
in reply to: sepu6

Thank you very much!

I did try to do it via using a normal booleaned mesh as the source, whereby the intersected cut out shape was the source for the particles, but the particles seemed to fly out from the source as new ones were created by the expanding shape. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report