Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling source property fog_denisty with a procedural noise?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikeporetti
414 Views, 3 Replies

controlling source property fog_denisty with a procedural noise?

I wish to control the fog density emission with a  procedural noise and NOT a color set.   how might i go about this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
suryamunny
in reply to: mikeporetti

just follow the steps from the images posted below.it is pretty simple.bifrost_color_by_noise.pngdensity_by_color.png

Message 3 of 4
mikeporetti
in reply to: suryamunny

very cool, thanks man.   I cant tell from the image how you were able to visualize the texture in colors however.

Also I was wondering as an additional question, is there a way to use regular maya procedural noises as density emitters? 

Thanks,

Mike

Message 4 of 4
stamatk
in reply to: mikeporetti

Hello @mikeporetti 

The best way right now to break-up fog_density and other properties on the source, is through the "vary_source_property" node, which can randomize values over the input mesh vertices, and/or reference CPV maps from Maya.  

You can also try more creative approaches such as the one shown by @suryamunny.

We plan to continue developing this workflow by providing more procedural methods to break up values at sourcing time. 

Thanks!
Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report