Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect in series (or parallel but unconnected)) multiple Bifrost Graphs to create a single multi-mesh composite scene for rendering

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anthony6UVHQ
337 Views, 2 Replies

Connect in series (or parallel but unconnected)) multiple Bifrost Graphs to create a single multi-mesh composite scene for rendering

Some guidance would be appreciated:  I'm attempting to composite several bifrost graphs into one .mb scene.  

TWO ISSUES:

1. How best to input different meshes each into a separate bifrostgraph, to develop a composite scene from unconnected i.e. parallel multiple bifrost graphs. E.g. would be to input a "character" in each separate bifrostgraph rather than putting several "characters" with different program instructions into one complex mesh.  It is analogous to layering. Given a single scene with several meshes perhaps someone can explain how best to setup the Outliner to  display each graphical output separately, or any selected  subset of outputs, in the viewport. It seems that all meshes are present on all bifrostgraphs even if CNTRL H is executed to hide.

2. How to connect sequentially multiple bifrostgraphs  e.g. connect output of graph 1 (mesh) to the input of graph 2 sequentially with appropriate bifrost instructions.

Tony

anthony@artclebre.com

www.artcelebre.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bugsdabunny
in reply to: anthony6UVHQ

You can connect graphs and pass objects between graphs using the Node Editor. I think this is what you are trying to do in the screenshot below. I have one graph where I add some noise to a sphere. Then I pass it to bifrostGraphShape2 and move the sphere up 5 units and color it red in the second graph. I can hide either graph by selecting it and setting visibility to 0 by using the Ctrl+H shortcut; I'm not sure why that's not working for you

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 8.59.19 PM.png

Message 3 of 3
anthony6UVHQ
in reply to: bugsdabunny

Thanks. I didn't think about the node editor...too much focus on bifrost programming!

Tony

anthony@artcelebre.com

www.artcelebre.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report