Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compound load problem

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
darioOrtisi
441 Views, 15 Replies

Compound load problem

Hi everybody. I have a problem that never appear before. I've downloaded the compounds by Jason Brown.

I've extracted and added the folder on user/xxx/Autodesk/compounds/ folder on windows(ok c:/ and so on)

When i hit tab and type scatter i don't see the jason compounds, but in the bifrost browser yes.

This is on windows pc at work. So i've tested on my mac at home and the problem is there too.

So whats i'm wrong? I've tried on put the content of the folder inside the main compounds, but this remove the compounds from the graph(remove only the icon and i think the procedure) but the name remain.

Someone has encounter on this problem?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
mjcg91
in reply to: darioOrtisi

The path is C:\Users\XXX\Autodesk\Bifrost\Compounds
Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 3 of 16
darioOrtisi

Yes @mjcg91 The path is this. Sorry i was type by mac(my ignorance on where i find the key)

But yes the path is this on pc windows and equivalent on the mac. But the other compounds works on mac and windows. Is only the 3 downloaded compound made by Jason that won't works.

Message 4 of 16
mjcg91

What does it says in the logs? If other compounds from the same location are working, there must be an error message or something.

Message 5 of 16
darioOrtisi

IN the output window i get only error on some ValHallen compounds like mountv2 but nothing on these compounds. I 'll try to reset autodesk Compound folder and look at what happen.

Message 6 of 16
mjcg91

Logs are in the script editor when you start Maya.

Message 7 of 16
darioOrtisi

Is the same output. With more details but no error on this node. There are some warning conflict about bounds.json the is duplicated and some of your compounds : 

Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Array::small_slice' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Array::small_slice' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice2'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'start' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice' of type 'Core::Array::small_slice'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'length' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice' of type 'Core::Array::small_slice'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'slice_start' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'slice_end' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'slice' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice' of type 'Core::Array::small_slice'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'float_index' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'interpolated' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'array' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::small_slice' of type 'Core::Array::small_slice'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'array' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'normalized_index' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'on_slice' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::clump_strands_on_guides::clump_hair::for_each::get_from_interpolated_array' of type 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::get_from_interpolated_array2'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::get_from_interpolated_array3'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'strands' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::resample_strands' of type 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'resampled_strands' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::resample_strands' of type 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'constant_count' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::resample_strands' of type 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'spatial_distance' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strand::resample_strands' of type 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strands::get_samples_on_strands::get_from_interpolated_array'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strands::get_samples_on_strands::get_from_interpolated_array2'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Core::Math::get_from_interpolated_array' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::instances_along_strands::get_samples_on_strands::get_from_interpolated_array3'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Geometry::Mesh::delete_mesh_faces' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::ivy_sunlight::edit_mesh::delete_mesh_faces'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'out_mesh' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::ivy_sunlight::edit_mesh::delete_mesh_faces' of type 'Geometry::Mesh::delete_mesh_faces'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'mesh' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::ivy_sunlight::edit_mesh::delete_mesh_faces' of type 'Geometry::Mesh::delete_mesh_faces'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'collection_name' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::ivy_sunlight::edit_mesh::delete_mesh_faces' of type 'Geometry::Mesh::delete_mesh_faces'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'invert' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::ivy_sunlight::edit_mesh::delete_mesh_faces' of type 'Geometry::Mesh::delete_mesh_faces'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Geometry::Strands::update_strands_length' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::plexus::color_by_length::update_strands_length'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'out_strands' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::plexus::color_by_length::update_strands_length' of type 'Geometry::Strands::update_strands_length'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'strands' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::plexus::color_by_length::update_strands_length' of type 'Geometry::Strands::update_strands_length'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'point_length' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::plexus::color_by_length::update_strands_length' of type 'Geometry::Strands::update_strands_length'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::smooth_strands_with_field::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The port description 'spatial_resample' could not be found for node 'MJCG::Graphs::smooth_strands_with_field::resample_strands' of type 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands'. //
// Warning: Warning: The node definition 'Geometry::Strands::resample_strands' could not be resolved for node 'MJCG::Graphs::strands_random_color::my_strands::resample_strands'. //

Nothing relative to jason Compound

Message 8 of 16
darioOrtisi

THis at the beginning of load script editor

// Loading Bifrost version 2.3.1.0-202110140143-ddfa15b
// Bifrost: Loading library: Amino, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: AminoMayaTranslation, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: bif, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: bifrostObjectMayaTranslations, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: geometries, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: fluids, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: particles, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: file, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: mpm, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: modeling, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: nucleus, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: simulation, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: riv_types, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: riv, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: scatter_pack, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: graphs, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: UserCompounds, from: User.
optionVar -exists "vnnUIUserPrefs";
// 1 //

Now I remove all the compound inside here: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Autodesk\Bifrost\Compounds\ and added only the Jason compounds. And the problem is the same i have onlyinside bifrost Browser and not call them inside graph. 

Message 9 of 16
mjcg91

Wierd. Are you sure they are not graphs? 

Message 10 of 16
darioOrtisi

They are graphs in Browser. ahhh this is my ignorance. The graph are in Browser, like yours or Autodesk or BruceLee and so on. But i'm shure that there are also called by tab inside the graphs. So to me is strange and controversial.

Message 11 of 16
darioOrtisi

Uploaded by Dario Ortisi on 2022-02-21.
Message 12 of 16
darioOrtisi

So this is supposed to be only a graph?

Message 13 of 16
mjcg91

yes, Graphs are in the Bifrost Browser. Compounds are in the tab search menu.

Actually graphs where also in the tab search menu before but they are now hidden, and I think it was a very good choice to hide them. Graphs are usually high level samples so they do not belong in the tab search menu.

Message 14 of 16
darioOrtisi

Ok. I've downloaded this: https://area.autodesk.com/downloads/scatter-around-strand/ and the other scatter that are made by Jason Brown.

So to see them on search menu bar i should publish the compound that came with the graph as my own Compound?

Message 15 of 16
mjcg91

If you really want it in the tab menu...

Message 16 of 16
darioOrtisi
in reply to: mjcg91

Yes i will. Thank you very much maxime @mjcg91  As far as i remember it's long time i've publish somthing so i was totally away from remember this.

Thanks really appreciated your help.

darioOrtisi_0-1645456465290.png 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report