Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line Bifrost doesn't render

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
macintosh
456 Views, 3 Replies

Command line Bifrost doesn't render

I'm trying to use our Linux Maya/Arnold command line render, and when I try and render a Bifrost scene, I get the following error.  The scene does actually render, but no water.  Any thoughts? I can see that Bifrost is installed at /usr/autodesk/bifrost/maya2020/2.1.0.0/, but apparently it's not loading.

Starting "/usr/autodesk/maya2020/bin/maya"
Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: Plug-in, "bifrostshellnode", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.
Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: Plug-in, "bifrostvisplugin", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.
Successfully imported python module 'arnold'
Successfully imported python module 'mtoa'
Successfully registered renderer 'arnold'
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'bifrostLiquidContainer1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'liquidShape1'; preserving node information during this session.
the data object was unable to read its value : (0) no error
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'bifrostLiquidPropertiesContainer1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'bifrostGuidePropertiesContainer1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'emitterProps1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'colliderProps1'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
File read in 3.2 seconds.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
office3C6MX
in reply to: macintosh

I had an issue with win. was not rendering bifrost at all. Just reinstalled Mtoa 4.1.1 now it works.

Message 3 of 4
macintosh
in reply to: office3C6MX

I’ve requested the 2020 update 4 install, so I will try again once that’s done, but it’s centrally managed so I have little control over the Linux systems. I’m just not sure it ever worked, as we haven’t used Bifrost before. Just curious if we were missing something.  

Message 4 of 4
macintosh
in reply to: office3C6MX

The update seemed to fix it.  All good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums