Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collision Deformer

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mitch.s
688 Views, 1 Reply

Collision Deformer

I'm working on a collision-deformer like thingy.
An input mesh getting squashed onto a target mesh.
The vertices inside the target mesh are projected onto the surface of the target mesh.
Capture6.JPG

Great! Now I need to propagate a normalscale-ish thingy over the vertices in the proximity of the ones sticking on the target surface.
As a matter of fact the native maya soft selection does exactly what I need (surface or volume mode / fcurve / ... and everything!)
Is there a way to replicate this in Bifrost (influences? selector_instance? ...)

Using those 'selection-weights' the squashy-collision-deformer can be made in a split-second (I guess)

Bifrost gives the opportunity to quickly develop tools that otherwise were only achievable going through the C++ and Maya API hell.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
T0M0X
in reply to: mitch.s

+1

If some one could share working compound it would be very appreciated 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums