Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloud base mesh generation Bifrost graph

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
grtod
440 Views, 3 Replies

cloud base mesh generation Bifrost graph

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a base cloud mesh with a while node scattering recursively some spheres on the resulting mesh of each iteration (setting the state ports), but after the first iteration it lose the feedback of the previews one. Can anyone help me understending the problem? The .mb file is attached.

graph1.jpggraph2.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
grtod
in reply to: grtod

this is .ma file.

Message 3 of 4
andrew.bkly
in reply to: grtod

Hey there I think I understand what you're trying to make. Maybe an iterate node might be easier to use? But you need a conditional statement for the first iteration so that you can use the new cloud mesh to scatter on and also to merge to with the feedback port. The max iteration port on the iterate to control how many times it will add onto the cloud. Keep in mind the resulting mesh will be messy as merge geo compound is not a boolean operation and it may be better to build upon the volume only and convert to a mesh after the iterations compound or on the last iteration.

Screenshot 2021-10-23 223457.jpgScreenshot 2021-10-23 223540.jpg

I've attached the above as an example for you. Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 4
grtod
in reply to: andrew.bkly

Thanks a lot @andrew.bkly. This is exactly what I was trying to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report