Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closest location's U on a curve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Control_Vertex
540 Views, 4 Replies

closest location's U on a curve

Hello, I am testing the new bifrost and I would like to get the closest location on a curve and then get the U value of this location. Anyone knows how to do this?

How do I pass a curve geometry to the bifrost graph in the node editor?

How do I get the U from the found location?

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am also interested in getting the tangent at the point location. How can we know what are the names of the available geometry properties?

Message 3 of 5

I tried building a strand out of a meshes' points instead of piping in a curve. I can update the point_tangents on that strand, but I can't get the closest location...

So, closest location seems to only work with meshes for now... Am I right?

Message 4 of 5

Check https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/shortest-path-between-skew-lines-implementation-using-b...

It's not exactly what you wanted, but you might get some insight how to create one on your own

As far as the passing curve to Bifrost, it's not yet possible, BUT there are few ways to recreate the curve in Bifrost by passing curve points and creating strand out of it.  Check: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/curve-to-bifrost-board/td-p/8962186

Anyway, there are a lot of useful information on forums but they are kind of buried. I think Adsk is planning on reorganizing Forum to make things easier to find. However, don't be afraid to dig deeper 🙂

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your help armanmusovic, I really appreciate it.

I am a little bit closer to what I need. I hope "closest location" nodes will support curves and strands soon...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report