Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thebenmontoya
4054 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service

Hello, I uninstalled Maya and all other Autodesk software from my computer, however I'm not allowed to uninstall Autodesk Genuine Service? 

It seems very malicious to not allow uninstallation of software, especially when there's no reason for it to be running after all other related software is uninstalled. 

This has to be a bug, because no self-respecting software developer in their right mind would intentionally stop software from being uninstalled on the end-user's computer. 

To get it fully removed, I had to go through ALL of my hard drives (even externals had Autodesk files for some reason) and manually delete every single file relating to Autodesk. When I got to the ProgramData/Autodesk folder, it was telling me that it was open in another program, so I had to manually force-quit that task, but every time I did it popped right back up. 

So then I had to create a python script to repeatedly immediately kill the process every time it popped up, run that as administrator, and then I was finally able to delete that ProgramData/AutoDesk folder. 

After doing all of that, and restarting my PC, I was then finally able to uninstall the Autodesk Genuine Service software via Window's Add/Remove Programs feature.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Your question about uninstalling Autodesk Genuine Service has been answered in this thread: Genuine Service - How to uninstall it? 

If you still have questions, try posting in the Installation & Licensing forum.

Cheers,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 3 of 3
beauAUZKV
in reply to: thebenmontoya

I am working for a training center that was previously licensed via a licensing server - this year the license changed to named user - so the first thing I have to do is uninstall all the existing software - I extracted 79 product codes from the registry and created a batch script to remove the products using msiexec.exe /x {product code} /quiet
this worked for several of the products, but there is still a great deal of "bloat" that does not have a product code so can't uninstall using my script - and does not uninstall using powershell - seriously, you guys need to develop a master uninstall script to remove the enormous bloat what gets installed with your product.  I have to do this on 18 machines - not a huge number of systems I know, but to manually touch every one is a lot of time that I am having to spend cleaning up your mess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums