Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Visual Programming Master Class

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
suryamunny
553 Views, 4 Replies

Bifrost Visual Programming Master Class

hello marcus,i saw both videos i think the amount of information u shared is most valuable ever since the release of bifrost.however i have few questions?

1.is it possible to cluster sum of the faces together instead of breaking every individual face.

2.one thing i often see is bifrost heavily relied on arrays compared to houdini which is more relied on attributes.is it gng to change in future?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

About your second point, arrays and "attributes" (in Bifrost, we call these properties) are often the same thing so I am not sure exactly what your question is about. Could you clarify?

Message 3 of 5
Roland.Reyer
in reply to: suryamunny

> 1.is it possible to cluster sum of the faces together instead of breaking every individual face.

The whole action depends on *faces* as identifiable parts of the surface. For each *face* you can find the points and move/rotate/scale them.

If you want larger pieces (a bunch of faces) then you need to identify them so that you can use ONE center for move/rotate/scale.

This is technically possible.

@marcus.nordenstam could you quickly do this for us?

A simple way would be to break up the geometry in Maya (Extract all faces with "Keep Faces together"=OFF, then sew some together with Merge Vertexes) and then simulate this object as cloth 🙂

(EDIT: doesn't work in Bifrost. The MPM sover merges the pieces together. Works in nCloth though ;-P)

Message 4 of 5
rsevy
in reply to: suryamunny

I am going to hop on this thread and ask a question regarding this tutorial also.  We have the most recent BiFrost 2.1.1.0 installed but I am not finding the "flatten_array" node so am stuck at this step.  Trying to create my own set of nodes to replicate the behaviour but having no luck yet.  It would be great to have an easy way of querying values at nodes along the graph to be able to debug easily.

Thanks,

Rick

Message 5 of 5
rsevy
in reply to: rsevy

Figured it out.  Its part of the Rebel pack. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums