Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Transfer particles legacy rgbPP color to aero

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
darioOrtisi
495 Views, 4 Replies

Bifrost Transfer particles legacy rgbPP color to aero

Hi all. I have a legacy particle simulation. I've drag on bifrostGraphEditor. So i have my particles and i want to use them as source of my aero simulation. The particles have the rgbPP attribute, the particles are colored. I can see on whatchpoint color attribute. So I try to take this information from get geo property and set geo property. I set color. On my aiStandardVOlume i've added a aiUSerdataColor with rgbPP or color but it doesn't work.

I'm lost now. Somebody can explain to me if there is a way?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
darioOrtisi
in reply to: darioOrtisi

So it seem not yet possible.

My guess is how, at this stage, separates points to individual per point aero. Imagine i have 10 particles, i should create 10 aero simulation and assign a specific point per aero. How to do this? I remember that this sim came from particles legacy. The image show what I created with particles.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
stamatk

Hey @darioOrtisi 

Currently, if you're using particles as aero sources, you can only randomly assign colors per particle. However, we're  working on significant updates to this workflow that will make it possible and easier to transfer data from incoming geometry to simulation sources.

In the meantime, I have attached a scene which shows how to to do the random color setup. Please note the colors will only be visible in the Arnold render, but not in the viewport.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Message 4 of 5
darioOrtisi
in reply to: stamatk

Thank you very much to provide me a scene example and a feedback on what is in future.

I think at this stage to control the simulation i can create object instead particles assign a aiStandard volume for each aero for object I'm creating. Is not simple. 

If i can ask, do the new method as simple as possible. 1 compound, drag and drop the object in the graph, assign aero and start play simulation and off course assign material and aiUserdata.

We need simplicity.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
stamatk

Hi @darioOrtisi 

Thank you for your feedback. I completely agree that we need simplicity so we will definitely do our best 🙂

Cheers,

Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums