Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost particles rendering artifact

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
551 Views, 2 Replies

Bifrost particles rendering artifact

Hi,

Not sure if I submit this to the rendering forum that I would get an answer so trying here first.

Im getting these artifacts using arnold and bifrost particles. Looks like a whole lot of voxels with temperature in them, does anyone know what is going on here?

Im emitting bifrost areo from bifrost particles, renders are working with another graph I have but just using bifrost aero in the same scene.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brinsmeadd
in reply to: Anonymous

The aero is refined around density but if there is a lot of temperature diffusion, or the shader is mapping something to emission other than temperature it could cause regions in the air to glow. When far from the density voxels the grid is poorly refined and one might see grid  artifacts. I'm not sure if this is your problem but when rendering temperature I sometimes first process the temperature voxels to based on the density... for voxels with voxel_fog_density = 0, set temperature = 0 (using a simple compound downstream of simulate_aero).  Or one can multiply voxel_temperature  by voxel_fog_density.

Duncan

Duncan Brinsmead
Senior Principal Developer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: brinsmeadd

Thanks Duncan, my temperature is very a high value in order to get the hot spots on the projectiles -up to 1000. Then Im using a dissipation node to get rid of it so it only burns near the  start. I admit that if I alter this value the artifacts change too but its only visible at render time and not in viewport, so Im wondering if its an Arnold render bug or sample arent high enough somewhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report