Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bifrost liquid particles

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
consrojo
821 Views, 9 Replies

bifrost liquid particles

im working on a bifrost liquid particles, i need to get my particles closer to the boat, how can i do that? im using the boat as a region emission, as a collider and have a boss ocean hide using it as a guide.

tks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
consrojo
in reply to: consrojo

nobody? i just need to set up the particle system closer to the boat, any advice?

tks in advance.

Message 3 of 10
michael_nielsen

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Try to adjust the thickness on the collider as shown in the attached image.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael Nielsen

Principal Engineer
Message 4 of 10
consrojo
in reply to: michael_nielsen

tks for the answer, it works, just disabling the cache, i was changing the options without disabling the cache, so it wasnt showing the changes.

tks mate.

Message 5 of 10
consrojo
in reply to: michael_nielsen

tks for the answer again, now i got this artifacts, the upper bifrost liquid particle is being guided by the boss, but when i render the bifrost liquid i got those artifacts, i think that those are fluid s settings but dunno how can i improve them, the liquid is taking strokes shapes in the end of it and it doesnt get a solid shape.

any advice? tks in advance.

Message 6 of 10
consrojo

this is the bifrost liquid particles result, by the way is there a way to avoid having particles inside the boat? or do i have to do a separate renders to get that?

any advice? tks in advance.

Message 7 of 10
suryamunny

create a mesh surrounding liquid inside boat. now select bifrost and the mesh created for deleting and create killfield from bifrost fluids menu.

Message 8 of 10
consrojo
in reply to: suryamunny

tks for the answer, that boat has a dynamic locator, you are saying that create a mesh, could it be the same mesh, the boat one, or do i need to create a new one? i have a low poly boat, can i use that one?

tks in advance.

Message 9 of 10
suryamunny

Its better to create a new mesh and make sure not to use hollow mesh.

Message 10 of 10
consrojo
in reply to: suryamunny

ok, gonna do that, right now im rendering the particles, not using primary visibility to give the particles the reflection of the boat but when i use that i get this, those are the boats shape, how can i render that without getting that boat shape?

tks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums