Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost get/compare edge lengths

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
siliconunit
764 Views, 5 Replies

Bifrost get/compare edge lengths

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a way as of this version (2.0.2.0) to achieve something like that, ie comparing 2 input meshes (same topology) for differences in edges length (tension map like), thank you!

S

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

Yes I have made a simple example graph and Maya scene that does this.  

There are two torii in the Maya scene.  Both are brought into a Bifrost graph.  I compute the edge-lengths of all the edges, and I display them via an edge_scope compound.  I also create a point-cloud from the midpoints of each edge, and then visualize the midpoints as circles using a point_scope.  I also store an "edge_length" property for each point in the cloud, and also use that point_scope to draw the edge_length values in the viewport.

You could now easily diff the edge-lengths between the two torii if you wanted, or whatever.

cheers

Marcus

Attaching both a screenshot and a Maya scene.  NOTE I am using some Rebel Pack compounds - you will need the Rebel Pack

Message 3 of 6

Since I cannot post Maya scenes on this forum, here is a dropbox link to download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2trz47q6abvb3eo/edge_length.ma?dl=0

Message 4 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: marcus.nordenstam

Hi!

To make sure the attachment works, please ZIP Maya files.

Message 5 of 6
marcus.nordenstam
in reply to: mspeer

Here it is, zipped

Message 6 of 6

awesome thank you, testing it now!:D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums