Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost develops ocean (Wave vortex) tool demo1 4K

76 REPLIES 76
Message 1 of 77
Bruce.Lee.
18913 Views, 76 Replies

Bifrost develops ocean (Wave vortex) tool demo1 4K

Hi,

This is ocean tool (Wave vortex) I developed using the latest version of Bifrost. This tool is built completely in the standard way of Bifrost simulator graphics. The advantage of this is that it will be more convenient to change and upgrade its internals in the future, and more controls can be easily added.

Please enjoy!

Thanks.

内网通截图20200810133803.png

Demo:

Tutorials:

76 REPLIES 76
Message 2 of 77
suryamunny
in reply to: Bruce.Lee.

insane.what can i say more?

Message 3 of 77
triction7070

Thank you very much, Bruce Lee.

Message 4 of 77

Very impressive work Bruce!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 77
Bruce.Lee.

Thanks everyone!

Message 6 of 77
logomakina

Where do we put these .json files to read the bruce node in bifrost, sorry if this question is too noob, but I am starting to study now

Message 7 of 77
logomakina
in reply to: logomakina

figured it out, C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Bifrost\Maya2020\2.0.5.1\bifrost\resources\amino\jsonLibs, but it is not making the wave it is showing some messages, some nodes are orange, simulating_ocean/spi/source_particles1/copy_all_properties, the copy all properties is not connected and simulating_ocean/spi/particle_solver_settings1

Message 8 of 77
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: logomakina

Hi logomakina,

Don't be discouraged, you can ask any questions. 🙂

The compounds can be placed in the following positions:

Windows: \Users\username\Autodesk\Bifrost\Compounds
macOS: /Users/username/Autodesk/Bifrost/Compounds
Linux: /home/username/Autodesk/Bifrost/Compounds

Message 9 of 77
stormvn.tqd

Hi U! I got this error when I first created that note;

"Simulating_ocean", Warnings: - Internal graph: 1 nodes have mesages.

117075617_3254582284634809_8133616269875931172_o.jpg

Message 10 of 77
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: stormvn.tqd

Can you double-click the simulated_ocean node and see which node reported the error?

Message 11 of 77
stormvn.tqd

I got this error inside the simulated_ocean node. On starting the app I got a dose not match a registered resolver error "dose not match a registered resolver"error 2.JPG

error 3.JPG

Message 12 of 77
Bruce.Lee.

Is the Bifrost version 2.1? Because the 2.1 version and the lower version will produce incompatibility problems.

Message 13 of 77
stormvn.tqd

Not currently the "Bifrost ver 2.1" ,version on maya 2020.2 is Bifrost version 2.0.5.1

Message 14 of 77
ihooper

Just a reminder: Bifrost releases are not tied to the Maya release schedule. Download the latest version of Bifrost from here: https://area.autodesk.com/bifrost/downloads/

Ian Hooper
UX Architect
Message 15 of 77
marcelbbf
in reply to: ihooper

This is awesome, thank you for sharing. I have one problem though when I turn on the noise parameter the mesh disappears?

Message 16 of 77
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: marcelbbf

You may need to connect the original mesh to the initial_plane

Message 17 of 77
marcelbbf

Yep, that sorted it, thanks.

Message 18 of 77
marcelbbf

Hi, I am loving this wave set up but one thing that I would love is to improve a small part for the particle emission color.

I have absolutely no idea how to do this my Bifrost graph visual programming knowledge is basic at best.

What would be great is to make the edge of the vertex color smoother for the crest of the wave, it looks lovely and smooth when the wave is on a flat plane but with BOSS deformation the vertex colors get jagged and only on increasing poly count to an unusable level does this look smoother.

When the color is set to 'ALL' both sides of the wave crest have a lovely fade off.

It would be great to be able to have more control for the falloff of the edges when 'ALL' is turned off as it is quite noticeable when particles are born that they are born from the jagged edges which pop in different parts depending on how BOSS deforms the mesh each frame, also when 'CLIP' is used it removes the nice fade off it also would be great that this input simply reduced the spacing of the falloff. I guess a falloff graph would be ideal for either side of the wave crest.

I hope this makes sense.

A1.JPG

A2.JPG

A3.JPG

A4.JPG

Message 19 of 77
Bruce.Lee.

Hi marcelbbf,

thank you for your feedback. I know it does have this problem, but its impact on me is not great. I hope the next version can improve it.

Message 20 of 77
marcelbbf

I look forward to the new version in the future, thanks for your great work and providing for the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums