Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost developed the second-generation curve influence tool Demo based on physics technology

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Bruce.Lee.
7176 Views, 24 Replies

Bifrost developed the second-generation curve influence tool Demo based on physics technology

Hi,

An ultra-advanced curve field tool with beautiful appearance, powerful functions, superior performance, simple and easy to understand, and supports scalable programming has formed the first version.

Compared to Maya's curve field and Houdini's first-generation curve field, I call it the second-generation curve field tool.

I spent about a month designing, researching, developing, and repeatedly testing and modifying, and the first version is finally completed. It is based on Bifrost's powerful visual programming and physics-based field system.

It can almost make the production process of some very complicated and rare effects very simple, and has two beautiful debugging appearances.

Please use it! !

Demo:

Tutorials:

Edit (by Jonah Friedman) - I've deleted the attachment to allow Bruce Lee to repost it in the thread. 

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Absolutely amazing Bruce!

Message 3 of 25
rico
in reply to: Bruce.Lee.

Seconded, absolutely amazing Bruce!  Thank you for sharing so generously

Message 4 of 25
jonah.friedman

I love the examples of the tree and the branching blue path with different speeds along the way. Really stunning! 

Excellent use of terminals and diagnostic drawing as well, I understand immediately what your visualizations represent. 

Jonah Friedman
Bifrost Product Manager
Message 5 of 25
valhallen

AMAZING!! ❤️

Message 6 of 25
Bruce.Lee.

Thank you all! These are all based on BIfrot's powerful visual programming, cheers for the Bifrost team! !

Message 7 of 25
Bruce.Lee.

Hi everyone, sorry!

I just discovered that the last h file in the demo file contains a virus that reports a Chinese warning. Please do not open this file. I hope the administrator can delete the file as soon as possible. I uploaded the virus-cleaned file again.

QQ截图20210212102426.png

Message 8 of 25
morteza.cg

This is Amazing!

Message 9 of 25
MoNaYLeviathan

Hello and great work, these are awesome. 

Is there any way to update the curves_influence node each frame to enable the use of animated/deforming Maya curves?  It seems to only update on the first frame.  

Thank you.

Message 10 of 25

really super cool 

many thanks for this treasure trove of goodies 

Message 11 of 25
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: MoNaYLeviathan

Hi,

In the next update, it supports dynamic curves. I am making the demo for the next update and hope to complete and release it soon.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 25
MoNaYLeviathan

Alright, thanks!

Message 13 of 25
ncorrao

I would like to play with these new compounds, but I cannot seem to get any of them to work. On import, I am seeing errors on many nodes. I have 2.2.1.0 installed, but I'm not sure what else I may be doing wrong. (Sorry to hijack this thread)

Message 14 of 25
ncorrao
in reply to: ncorrao

Deleted all installs of bifrost, and cleared and reinstalled Bruce and Rebel Pack. Things are working now. Thank you, this is great.

Message 15 of 25
mcw0

Another BRUCE LEE to look up to???!!!  DUDE!!!  THIS ROCKS!!!  And the fact that you are sharing it...forever grateful.

Message 16 of 25

Hi Bruce, Can you tell me exactly how to install this software? I only downloaded one zip, and i can not find the folder path in your video

Message 17 of 25
matzerium

is there any way to get the correct .zip file? i think it is the "point_multiple_compound"...

Message 18 of 25
matzerium

hello,

getting a problem with the newest bifrost version...anyone else?

Message 19 of 25
jeremyraven

Hi when I import any of these examples into my scene and push play, nothing happens.

[EDIT] Okay Open selected in scene example now works however they are very buggy in Maya OSX 2022. Lots of crashes, some scenes wont play or crash instantly - probably an autodesk problem with OSX version.

Great work though Bruce thanks for your efforts!

Message 20 of 25
jeremyraven

Okay after having a decent play I can report that the debugging mode does not work on OSX, also while debugging mode is on as well as 'P' (?) displaying curves mode, Maya instantly crashes at frame 1 or whenever animation begins.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums