Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bifrost Commands Documentation : Examples not working ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sim.on
255 Views, 3 Replies

Bifrost Commands Documentation : Examples not working ?

Hi ,
i am currently trying to do some Bifrost-Scripting.

1. while checking out the Bifrost-Commands-Documentation
https://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/ENU/Bifrost-Tech-Docs/CommandsPython/cat_VNN.html
i found out , some of the Examples ( at the Bottom of the command-documentations ) are not working properly
e.g. vnnCompound and vnnNode-examples

2. additionally in Maya2024 , when trying to access the "Nodes-Reference" ( "help / Maya Scripting Reference / Node and Attribute Reference" ) - there seems to be a broken link , the expected website with Node-Reference does not show up .

thanx in advance for your support ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxime_jeanmougin
in reply to: sim.on

Hello @sim.on , could you tell us which command flags you could not make working?

I could not find the category you are searching for in the latest documentation. If this is related to Maya, you should consider asking help on the Maya forum. As for the Bifrost doc, you can read it here.

Maxime Jeanmougin
Software Development Engineer
Message 3 of 4
sim.on

Hello @maxime_jeanmougin , thanx for your feedback .

well , in the command-doc for vnnCompound , for instance , it starts with

mel.eval("createNewBifrostGraphCmd()")

cmds.vnnCompound("bifrostGraph1", "/", create="liquid")

where "bifrostGraph1" should probably be renamed to "bifrostGraphShape1" in all the examples in order to work.

later in the same vnnCompund-example-code it is written

# Rename a node
cmds.vnnCompound("bifrostGraph1", "/liquid", renameNode=("add", "plus"))

# Remove the node
cmds.vnnCompound("bifrostGraph1", "/liquid", addNode="BifrostGraph,Core::Math,plus")
cmds.vnnCompound("bifrostGraph1", "/liquid", removeNode="plus")

where the second line including ... Core::Math,plus ....
is probably unneccessary , since the add node has been created before and renamed

----
and in the end , the last line ( resetToFactory="liquid")
does not work for me either
----------------------------------------

the vnnNode-documentation example starts with

import maya.cmds as cmds
import maya.mel as mel

cmds.file(new=1, f=1)
mel.eval("createNewBifrostGraphCmd()")

cmds.vnnCompound("bifrostGraph1", "/", addNode="BifrostGraph,Simulation::Aero,combustion_settings")

after changing "bifrostGraph1" to "bifrostGraphShape1" again , the vnnCompund-addNode-example throws directly an error , when trying to create "Simulation::Aero,combustion_settings"

when i change "Simulation::Aero,combustion_settings" to "Simulation::Aero,aero_combustion_settings"

again , this line is working , but i need to apply changes to the next line again .

"/combustion_settings/set_property__enable_combustion" needs to become
"/aero_combustion_settings/iterate_set_properties/set_property__enable_combustion"

and so on .
----------------------
maybe the examples where created for a previous bifrost-version , and have not been updated since then ?

ok , but now i realize , this is INDEED quite a good learning approach for me , trying to get the example to work ๐Ÿ™‚

have a nice weekend
sim.On

Message 4 of 4
maxime_jeanmougin

@sim.on Thank you for reporting this. I have logged an improvement to update the examples.

Maxime Jeanmougin
Software Development Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums