Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost cache file size limit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
almamater
384 Views, 3 Replies

Bifrost cache file size limit

I'm caching a high-res fire sim with Bifrost 2. There's an issue with Bifrost being able to write out a cache file (.bob), but not being able to read it back in if it is above 2GB. If I play or render the cached sequence, the fire disappears as soon as the cached frame reaches 2GB or above. 

Is there any work around or alternative caching method that will work?

I'm using Bifrost 2.0.5.1 with Maya 2019.3.1 on Windows 10.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wongt
in reply to: almamater

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for the issue you encountered on the build that you are using.  The good news though is that we have fixed both defects (they can be tracked through reference numbers BIFROST-3855 and ARNOLD-147) and it will be available in the next Bifrost release.   

Message 3 of 4
almamater
in reply to: wongt

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea when the update might be released? Days, weeks, months?

Message 4 of 4

If the relase pattern is the same i assume we dont have longer to wait than one month.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report