Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost alembic i/e multiple shapes?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kmdaniel
461 Views, 2 Replies

Bifrost alembic i/e multiple shapes?

Hi!

I tried to export multiple shapes to an alembic with the default Cache -alembic exporter in maya. 

I'm trying to read this file with alembic reader node, but I'm only getting a single shape instead of multiple ones.

Is multiple shape for alembics supported, or in development?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
syracoj
in reply to: kmdaniel

This is a known issue and is detailed in an internal defect log we have here under BIFROST-3180

Message 3 of 3
syracoj
in reply to: kmdaniel

You could bring the individual meshes into the bifrost graph, then plug them into a merge_geometry node (whose input has been set to be a fan-in (rick click on input port and choose fan-in)). Then write out the abc from here. Then when you read it in the multiple objects should be read in correctly. May need to add an update_mesh_normals node before the output node.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report