Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Aero stops simulation and freezes the animation at frame 120

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kflick0791
145 Views, 6 Replies

Bifrost Aero stops simulation and freezes the animation at frame 120

I have a simulation of aero creating smoke puffs using setkeys to turn the emitter on and off.  I built this using the default time slider of 120 frames.  Now that I have extended my time slider to 360 frames which is what I need, the simulation just stops at 120 and the smoke stays static and frozen at that frame.  Not even the motion field is affecting it!!!!  

Please help!  I am on a deadline and have tried for hours to get the simulation to render past 120

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sepu6
in reply to: kflick0791

is the sim cache? if so grab the last save cache file and load it as an initial state and continue your sim. 

Message 3 of 7
kflick0791
in reply to: sepu6

How do I do this?

Message 4 of 7
sepu6

Can show what you got so far? share the file so easy to help and show you. But here is how you added and you should be able to load the last frame of your sim cache. 

maya_6lEKDRjE33.gif

Message 5 of 7
kflick0791

Here is the file.  I have never used the bifrost graph I don't even know how to connect my aero or emitter into it.

Message 6 of 7
kflick0791

One more try here it is.  I dont think I even have an initial state saved anywhere?

Message 7 of 7
sepu6

are you using the old aero solver? if so then I have no clue if they have a way to set an initial state, etc. Hopefully, a developer can help then. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums