Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Aero and Vray

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
daniel9HCWR
228 Views, 9 Replies

Bifrost Aero and Vray

I can get my head around rendering bifrost aero with vray? My VFB is empty when i render? Does anybody know how to assign shader?

In the vray documentation its refered to a vray attribute but it does'nt appear in my attribute panel when i select my bifrost node in the outliner?

Anyone managed this that could help me?

/Daniel

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Vray cant render Bifrost Aero. You need to export a VDB.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 10

Noob question maybe, but what is a VDB?

Message 4 of 10

OpenVDB is a file format for sparse volumes. You can export them from Bifrost using the write_OpenVDB node.

Message 5 of 10

How does the write node work? It doesnt seam to write anything?

Message 6 of 10
sepu6
in reply to: daniel9HCWR
Message 7 of 10

@daniel9HCWR at least on the of the outputs (on the right hand side of the node) of the write_OpenVDB node has to be connected to either an output node or a terminal for the write_openVDB node to execute.

Message 8 of 10

Okay, i thought the writing was an alternative output.

The linked youtube-clip showed a method using file-cache node between simulation-node and output. 

What is the difference between these to methods?

Message 9 of 10

The file_cache node just wraps up several of the write_XYZ nodes into one node. You can check this yourself by diving into the node. Personally, I prefer to use write_OpenVDB directly since it give the most control.

Message 10 of 10
damaggio
in reply to: daniel9HCWR

Just cache your VDB file and upload in a Vray volume grid for rendering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums