Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifröst Accelerator missing from Maya 2020.2 menu

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jerryronn81
802 Views, 3 Replies

Bifröst Accelerator missing from Maya 2020.2 menu

Hi,

Did Autodesk rename it or move it somewhere else because Bifröst accelerator is not there in Maya 2020.2  Bifrost version 2.0.5.1 and i am not able to find it.

Kind Regards

Jerry

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: jerryronn81

Hi!

This menu has been removed in Maya 2017.

Use Motion Field instead

Message 3 of 4

Hi Jerry,

It's not new to the latest version, but accelerators for Bifrost Fluids were replaced by motion fields a while ago. Motion fields can do everything that accelerators did, and much, much more. You can find more info in Control velocity with Bifröst motion fields and Bifröst Motion Field Attributes.

If you have old scenes with accelerators, they'll still work. If you need to add a new one for any reason, it's still possible with scripting (but I don't remember the syntax offhand).

On a side note, if you are using Bifrost Fluids for aero simulations, I strongly recommend using Bifrost Extension instead. It's a completely different system, but more powerful and with better results.

I hope that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 4 of 4

I understand thank you Grahame!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report