Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost 2.3.1.0 Released!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jonah.friedman
2301 Views, 13 Replies

Bifrost 2.3.1.0 Released!

Update: 2.3.1.0 is released! This is a feature release which adds Arnold 7 (MtoA 5) support, a slew of bug fixes and a few nice features besides. 

Release notes: https://help.autodesk.com/view/BIFROST/ENU/?guid=Bifrost_ReleaseNotes_release_notes_release_notes_2_...

----

Update: 2.3.0.1 is released! This is a patch release which fixes some Alembic issues, publishing issues, and some critical crashes. It should be a safe upgrade for anyone using 2.3.0.0.

Release notes: https://help.autodesk.com/view/BIFROST/ENU/?guid=Bifrost_ReleaseNotes_release_notes_release_notes_2_...

----

We’re pleased to release Bifrost 2.3.0.0 for Maya 2019, 2020 and 2022. They can be downloaded on the Area today

Release notes: https://help.autodesk.com/view/BIFROST/ENU/?guid=Bifrost_ReleaseNotes_release_notes_release_notes_2_...

Blog post: https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-maya-blog/introducing-a-more-interactive-expressive-robust-bifro...

Version 2.3.0.0 of Bifrost for Maya is a major feature release. We have a more interactive graph with new virtual sliders on (nearly) every parameter. Simulation graphs are more expressive with the ability to plug fields into sources, making them more expressive and readable. Feedback ports are preserved through graph changes, allowing edits of graphs containing live simulations without returning to the start frame. The Bifrost plugin loads in as little as two seconds thanks to unknown nodes, a feature that also allows repairing of broken graphs and makes dependencies more robust for compound authors. Alembic and OpenVDB are much more complete and robust. And last but not least, terminals now are out of beta and work in loops! 

Please enjoy a much more interactive, expressive and robust Bifrost! 

strand_man.jpg

Art by Lee Griggs

Jonah Friedman
Bifrost Product Manager
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mjcg91
in reply to: jonah.friedman

Amazing release! Thanks for the hard work...

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 3 of 14
emiccs

are there any known graph incompatibilities between 2.2.1.0 and 2.3.0.0?

i'm trying to load a somewhat involved graph i had been building in 2.2.1.0 in this latest release and get an immediate maya hard crash.

i get the same if i rebuild the graph inputs and outputs and then copy/paste the tree from an instance running 2.2.1.0 to 2.3.0.0 instance.

tail end of the error:

Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20200000::MPlug::getValue(Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20200000::MDataHandle&) const
<the bifrost plugin install path>/bifrost/maya2020/2.3.0.0/bifrost/plug-ins/bifrostGraph.so(+0xdbffb) [0x7f3298252ffb]
BifSubSceneOverride::getGeosToDraw() const

Message 4 of 14
jonah.friedman
in reply to: emiccs

Hi Emiccs,

Can you send us the scene that crashes on open? I'm not sure what it might be. 

Thanks,

Jonah

Jonah Friedman
Bifrost Product Manager
Message 5 of 14
emiccs

sure, i'll package something up, but it'll have to be off the forums. i figured it probably wasn't anything too immediately obvious.

thanks,

enoch

Message 6 of 14

I updated to Maya 2022.3 and am having trouble with 3.2.1.0 on loading. If I have it auto-loaded, Maya will crash on startup. If I try to load it through the plugin manager, it crashes upon loading bifrostGraph.mll. I did a complete wipe and install of the applications, and the problem persisted. The error is "Fatal Error: Attempting to save in C:/Users/Jason_~1/AppData/Local/Temp/jason_mmag717.20211227.2230" which is the same on all occasions. Image attached ...

Message 7 of 14

Hi,

When something similar happened before, it was fixed by uninstalling all local user compounds. Please try the following:

1. Remove but don't delete all your local compounds. For example, if you're on Windows you can move everything in your \Users\<username>\Autodesk\Bifrost\Compounds directory to a temporary folder. Please don't delete them because we might need them to reproduce the issue.
  2. Launch Maya again and load Bifrost.

If that fixes things, please zip up the contents of your compounds folder and attach the file so that we can debug the problem (we didn't get the files the last time so we couldn't isolate the problem). If it doesn't fix things, then let us know but it might be better to start a new thread for that to make it easier to track things.

Good luck!

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 8 of 14

That worked. I was able to load the plugin. I have some extra / older compounds in there, so maybe some of those are outdated. How's best to send you that .zip? And is there a list of included compounds I could compare to so I can tap into those? Or is it best to re-install Bifrost?
Message 9 of 14

It was small enough, so I uploaded the zip.

Message 10 of 14

Many thanks for the zip! We are tracking this defect as BIFROST-6790.

There is no need to re-install Bifrost. That folder contains only compounds that users create themselves or download from elsewhere. The compounds that get installed with Bifrost are in the program folder.

Cheers,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 11 of 14

Awesome, thanks so much for the help!!
Message 12 of 14
batarg

keeps crashing, on startup (on load)

how to install previous version (there is no option in area)

my old compounds are removed...

oh.. i've forgot about rebel pack... i will try to clean them out

Message 13 of 14
batarg
in reply to: ransommitchell

i have same issue!

Message 14 of 14
batarg
in reply to: batarg

thank you very much! it helped!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report