Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost 2.2.1.3 on Linux with Maya 2022: libtinfo.so.5 missing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
356 Views, 1 Reply

Bifrost 2.2.1.3 on Linux with Maya 2022: libtinfo.so.5 missing

I am trying to get Bifrost working with Maya 2022 and Arnold 4.2.2 installed on a Linux AWS render node (I'm trying to customize one of Thinkbox Deadline's pre-built images).

I installed Bifrost using the standard ".run" script off the AREA site (Bifrost_2.2.1.3_Maya2022_Linux.run), but when attempting to render the project, I get the following error referencing "libtinfo.so":

2021-07-26 03:50:41:  0: STDOUT: Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /usr/autodesk/bifrost/maya2022/2.2.1.3/bifrost/plug-ins/bifrostshellnode.so
2021-07-26 03:50:41:  0: STDOUT: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2021-07-26 03:50:41:  0: STDOUT: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (bifrostshellnode)

Is this a dependency that needs to be installed on the system somehow? Should it be bundled with Maya?

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
morten.bojsen-hansen
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of Liunx are you using? I believe only Red Hat / CentOS is officially supported. If you're not using one of those some dependencies might be missing and you'll have to install those manually. I made a video showing how to install (in an unofficial/unsupported fashion) Maya on Ubuntu or Debian.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums