Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animated fractal noise field?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Noxymoron
466 Views, 2 Replies

animated fractal noise field?

I realize I'm pretty green with Bifrost with little coding experience, but I can't figure out how to add a time node or any other input to the time input of a fractal noise field. My goal is to have a sort of churning effect with a volume generated within Bifrost, but right now it seems completely static. Whenever I try to connect a node to the time input, the fractal noise turns red and gives a warning.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a reference somewhere on how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Jon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sepu6
in reply to: Noxymoron

Add a to_field node. And if you want to control the speed even further you can multiply. 

Message 3 of 3
Noxymoron
in reply to: sepu6

Thank you! This is exactly the sort of thing that trips me up in Bifrost.

Also, I was initially using a scalar field for a value instead of just a value node, so thanks again.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums