Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

animated embroidery effect

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
724stanleyyelnats427
919 Views, 5 Replies

animated embroidery effect

Hello!

I want to try to recreate this effect:

724stanleyyelnats427_0-1618055569730.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZ8UIk0Lxg

I found a way to do it with Nhair utilizing end stops. It's very convoluted and I thought, there has got to be an easier way to do this. I think Bifrost can do this but before I spend a lot of time learning I wanted to ask, is this possible? If so, can someone point me in the right direction?

I know I will need to produce strands, for that, I will use the curves that I have.

I need to know how to animate them to grow along their motion paths. Or, something else, but ultimately I need to control where they start, path, and stop.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It's definitely possible. Is there something specific you don't know how to do?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: 724stanleyyelnats427

Looking for the same logo effect for my brand logo. Don't know how to do this. If anyone know, kindly tell me. Thanks.

Message 4 of 6

You can def do it in the graph but is just more work as of right now - In Mash is easier and more controllable as well, but slower if you want to do many of them since Mash doesn't accept curves to distribute if you use the repro, which you need for the Time node to work. You can obviously use a .ass, .rsproxy or a vrayproxy, etc to make a bunch of them. Which it might be an advantage as well if you do want to render on a different engine.  

f7lmpwhiKc.gif

You need to cache the MASH_Main as an ABC in order to see what you see in the GIF 
If you want to offset this animation as well you need to change the geo to repro mesh since the Time node doesn't work on the instance which will slow down.

Message 5 of 6
darioOrtisi
in reply to: sepu6

MASH as instancer, accept curves and is fast.

Message 6 of 6

Yes, it does but you can not use the Time node as I mentioned. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report