Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aero Normals

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
valhallen
690 Views, 4 Replies

Aero Normals

Hey all, trying to get a normal pass out of aero by taking the SDF and sampling the gradient ...

Except `fog_density_to_level_set` does not appear to be working at all, I was under the impression that it should add a `voxel_signed_distance` attribute?  ... am I getting something wrong here?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
valhallen
in reply to: valhallen

In fact, when I fake a signed distance, this node removes it?  Please tell me what's going on?

valhallen_0-1630090821891.png

Message 3 of 5
stamatk

Hello @valhallen 

You have indeed stumbled onto a defect which we have now isolated and fixed. Please try again in an upcoming release.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Message 4 of 5
valhallen
in reply to: stamatk

Thank you Kosta!

Drove myself insane trying to work it out, in the end got around it by turning the voxels into points, making a new SDF volume from those points, and sampling that 😄

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
jhamilton3E55F

LMAO I stop trying, thinking i was dumb! I pugged it in so many ways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums